DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS IN MARCH 2021 PLEASE CALL US +358 400 514 530, WE'LL CHECK AVAILABILITY AND OPEN SEATS FOR YOUR ONLINE BOOKING.
As we drive to the kennel from Levi, our guide will tell you a story about Balto and share some interesting facts about huskies.
In this excursion you will visit one of the oldest in Finland husky kennels, which belongs to the famous Finnish musher Reijo Jääskeläinen. During a kennel tour you will meet genuine Siberian huskies of different ages, arctic fox, brown fox, tundra wolves, mixed dog-wolfs, spitz and puppies. Some of these animals are real movie-stars, as they were specially trained for filming. Your host will demonstrate some of the tricks the animals can do.
Finally, you will go on a husky ride with professional musher. You’ll be seated in a sleigh, which can take 2 adults and a child and enjoy a thrilling husky ride. Musher will stand behind you on the runners and you’ll get a feeling that dogs are pulling you on their own discretion. 2 km track goes through the beautiful winter forest and lake sceneries. After the ride you will meet the kissing reindeer Taika, can take some photos with the dogs, and finally go inside a warm Laplander’s hut where you can enjoy a warm drink and a hot sausage, sit next to the fireplace, visit a hall of fame of the owner, watch a movie about husky life and buy some local souvenirs.
- Transfer (please choose Scandinavian Travel Group / Safarimarket, otherwise we'll meet you on the farm)
- Guided tour around animal park
- Gingerbread cookies and traditional Finnish hot berry juice or coffee
- Hot sausage
- Reindeer kiss
- Warm winter clothing
Please take off your gloves/mittens when touching the huskies and other animals! They love to play with gloves and might break it easily, especially beware of the fox as she steals the gloves to hide them. Do not be afraid of the dogs, as they’re genetically friendly to people. Do not feed the dogs.
Sit quietly in a sleigh and do not take your arms and legs outside the sleigh, always follow the instructions given by a musher.
We recommend wearing warm winter clothing. It can be rented separately before the departure. We also have “valenki” - very warm wool felt boots.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event