Building a snowman is great fun. Building a snow igloo is also a special experience. It is not every day that you get to create something practical and impressive out of snow. The glittering world of snow and ice has so much to offer. It is not just about igloo building. You can also visit a spectacular snow hotel and pass an hour or more marvelling at the intricate ice art and sculptures.
Scandinavian Travel Group will help you organise your snow activities. If you have 3 hours to spare, we recommend an authentic Arctic experience building an igloo out of snow. It is not quite the same as stacking two snowballs on top of each other and calling it a snowman. You will learn new skills as part of a team in order to build a properly constructed igloo. To help you get it right, there will be an expert teacher on hand to share professional tips and techniques.
You can’t go home without a visit to a hotel made out of ice. Take a trip to the beautiful Snow Village that lies above the Arctic Circle. As part of our guided tour, you will explore a majestic ice hotel that has been creatively made from ice and snow.
6 Highlights of an Arctic Experience
- 1. Enjoy a 3-course dinner in a snow restaurant where even the chairs and tables are works of ice art.
- 2. Walk around Lainio Snow Village and marvel at the ice sculptures and incredible pieces of art.
- 3. Take a guided tour of the famous Icehotel in Jukkasjärvi and have lunch in the restaurant.
- 4. Get skilled with a snow shovel and build a snow igloo that will take pride of place in the Snow Igloo Park in Levi.
- 5. Take a snowmobile safari to Lainio Snow Village.
- 6. Spend time in the magical Ice Kingdom inspired by the Disney movie, Frozen.
These highlights give you an indication of what to expect from one of our organized tours. However, nothing quite prepares you for the joy of building a snow igloo or witnessing the exquisite beauty of hand-crafted ice sculptures inside a snow hotel. It has to be experienced to get a real sense of how versatile and beautiful ice and snow can be.
Be sure to take your camera. There will be plenty of photo opportunities. Also, layer up in thermal clothing, especially if you are dining in a snow hotel. The place might be beautiful but the temperature inside the Icehotel is around -5 to -7C.
Book Your Snow Hotel and Snow Igloo Experience
If you want to have a snow and ice adventure, book online. You can also email us: firstname.lastname@example.org and our travel agent will be in touch. If you would like to chat with someone, call/WhatsApp/Viber +358 400 514 530.
We can also arrange other winter adventures to help make your Arctic experience special. How about booking a trip to see the Aurora Borealis? We offer different Northern Light hunting experiences. These include:
- • Northern Lights Hunting by Car
- • Night Snowmobile Safari
- • Snowshoeing at Night to Hunt for Aurora
- • Reindeer Safari at Night
Take a moment to explore our website for inspiration and ideas or contact us directly if you have any questions about our tours and prices.