Fun program for the whole family. You’ll get a bunch of memorable experiences of Lappish reindeer herders’ culture on this short program.
You will visit an old reindeer farm that dates back more than 150 years. It lies on the bank of the longest river in Lapland and is surrounded by taiga forest. You will be guided to the reindeer sleds and go for a reindeer ride (about 1 km) through the beautiful pine forest. Your local host will take you inside the reindeer corral, where you can experience a “reindeer therapy” - close encounter with young reindeer calves. You’ll be able to take pictures with the reindeers and feed them with lichen.
You can also check out old buildings around the farm, which have a nice collection of old Lappish artifacts from the reindeer herders. After the ride, you can taste Finnish warm berry juice in the old café and buy fresh home-made donuts (traditional “munkki” in Finnish) or other snacks, souvenirs from reindeer antlers and conserves from local berries.
- Hot drink (berry juice/coffee/tea)
- Warm winter clothing
- Home-made pastries can be purchased in the café
Child age: 2-11 years
Reindeers are semi-wild animals and even being used to living next to people, they are quite shy and can be unpredictable. Please always follow the instructions given by the guide and try to be calm and careful when close to the reindeers.
We strongly recommend wearing warm winter clothing. It can be rented separately before the departure from the Safarimarket office in Levi center.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event