On this excursion we will take you to a reindeer farm owned by one Lappish family in the fifth generation. It lies on the bank of the longest river in Lapland and is surrounded by taiga forest.
You will get to ride on a longer 50 min super-safari on reindeer sleds thru a beautiful winter forest at relaxed pace. From the early morning the reindeer herder starts to prepare for the safari: harness reindeers and sleds, puts extra warm reindeer skins for the passengers, makes fresh tea and coffee, bakes fresh buns… After the ride you will be able to take photos with the reindeers and feed them with lichen, reindeer’s favorite treat. Then a cup of hot tea or coffee with a bun in a warm guest cafe by an open fireplace will taste especially good. You can check out local hand-made souvenirs and look around the farm, which has many old buildings dated back to 19th century. The owner can tell you more interesting stories.
- Transfer (please choose transfer from Scandinavian Travel Group / Safarimarket, otherwise we'll meet you on the farm)
- Hot drink (berry juice/coffee/tea)
- Home-made pastries
- Warm winter clothing
Reindeers are semi-wild animals and even being used to living next to people, they’re quite shy and can be unpredictable. Please always follow the instructions given by the guide and try to be calm and careful when close to the reindeers.
We strongly recommend wearing warm winter clothing. It can be rented separately before the departure. Please provide shoe, trouser and jacket sizes in advance. We also have “valenki” - very warm wool felt boots.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event