Kick-start your Lapland adventure with an exciting choice of Northern Lights tours in Levi organised by the Scandinavian Travel Group. We are committed to bringing you the best experiences on your travels.
Look up! The night sky in the Northern hemisphere offers hours of entertainment from stargazing and planet spotting to seeing the Northern Lights in Levi, Lapland. All the magic after dark is not to be missed. Discover the best night skies for aurora hunting with Scandinavian Travel Group guided tours.
For many people, an aurora borealis trip in Levi is at the top of their agenda. Part of the intrigue and wonder of this kind of trip is the unpredictable force of nature. Chasing the lights and the thrill of expectation is all part of the experience. Improved technology and more accurate weather reports combined with the expertise of the local guides greatly improve your chances of seeing the Northern Lights in Levi, Lapland.
5 ways to make the most of your aurora hunting adventure
On a visit to Levi you can choose from a range of different tours dedicated to seeing the Northern Lights. Each program is carefully organised to make sure you get the most out of your aurora experience. Here are some of our most popular tours.
- 1. Polarman’s camp. Seeing the Northern Lights is not just about timing. Finding the right location is also important and we know the perfect place. Join us at Polarman’s camp with its unobstructed sky view. Keep warm around the campfire and listen to our local guide tell stories while you wait to see if the aurora borealis makes an appearance.
- 2. Night snowmobile safari in search of the Northern Lights in Levi, Lapland. Rev up your engines and get ready to speed across the snow on a snowmobile into the darkness of the night. Warm up around the campfire while you keep your eyes on the sky.
- 3. Aurora hunting on reindeer safari in Levi. These creatures are not just for pulling Santa’s sleigh. This safari is a wonderful way to travel into the wilderness when you want to look out for the Northern Lights.
- 4. Northern Lights hunting by car. We provide the transport and a guide who will introduce you to the world of aurora. The night sky undergoes something of a transformation when the darkness becomes a backdrop to a thrilling light display.
- 5. Night snowshoeing hunting for aurora. Step into the snow and you immediately feel a bond with nature. Snowshoeing at night is a great way to go aurora hunting. Bring your camera. Northern Lights photography in Levi will capture the moment.
What to expect on a Northern Lights tour?
If you have local knowledge of the area and carefully follow the weather reports, there is nothing to stop you from seeking out the Northern Lights. However, most people feel more comfortable and confident taking trips to see aurora borealis on an official guided tour. Here’s what you can expect on one of our Scandinavian Travel Group tours:
- 1. It gets cold at night!! The best Northern Lights in Levi Lapland tend to occur over the winter months when the nights are longer and darker. You will be outside in sub-zero temperatures in the dark so you must wear appropriate clothing.
- 2. Your guide has fascinating stories to tell. Take advantage of your guide’s local knowledge and discover more about the Lights and the folklore of the area. It adds to the sense of the occasion.
- 3. The weather forecast is key to the success of your tour. You need a clear night sky to maximise your chances of seeing the lights.
- 4. On a guided tour you will be taken to places that offer an unobstructed view of the sky and minimum light pollution.
- 5. It is a waiting game. You will be waiting around so it is important to pick a tour that gives the option of shelter should you need a place to warm up while you wait. For example, on our Polarman’s camp tour, you can warm up inside.
Levi is the right choice to optimise your chances of seeing the lights. Your guide will take you enough distance away from the centre of Levi to ensure no artificial light pollution will spoil the natural display of northern lights. The length of the tour depends on which one you choose. Some are 2 hours long while other tours take around 3 hours.
Booking trips to see aurora borealis
There are different tours to give you as wide a choice as possible. If you are feeling adventurous, you can choose to do more than one tour. Not only does this increase your chances of seeing the lights but it promises to be a lot of fun.
- • Night Snowmobile Safari
- • Snowshoeing at Night to Hunt for Aurora
- • Horse Riding After Dark
- • Reindeer Safari at Night
Book online or email us: email@example.com and we’ll be in touch. Or call/WhatsApp/Viber +358 400 514 530.