Wild tundra is waiting for you just outside of Levi center. This program is for real enthusiasts of Aurora hunting.
During the first part of the evening we will be driving by automobile/bus and searching for a place with the clearest sky to enjoy the arctic nature’s best show. Clouds and snowstorms can make it difficult to see the Northern Lights. But often even in cloudy weather, we can still see the Lights or a glimpse of it. It takes knowledge of the local weather, patience and pursuance.
Finally, we will arrive to a traditional private lean-to shelter with open fire with unobstructed Northern hemisphere sky view from a specially built snow stage and no light pollution at all. Your guide will introduce you to the mysterious Aurora Hunters’ world. Get yourself comfortable on the reindeer skins around the crackling fire and hear some interesting stories and legends about this natural phenomenon. We will be keeping our eyes on the sky all the time. As soon as we spot an indication of Aurora, we will invite you to enjoy the most fascinating show of the Arctic nature. We’ll be taking photos of the Lights with you in it if you wish. We have prepared a magic drink with some ginger cookies to help you stay warm. Children can grill some marshmallows in the outdoor fire. You can also grill sausages if you like.
- Guiding throughout the program
- Warm drink (non-alcoholic berry juice or our special magic drink)
- Ginger cookies
- Outside firepit sitting area, grilling marshmallows and sausages
- Photo & video session
- Dry toilet
- Warm winter clothing
- We do not guarantee that you’ll see the Northern Lights on this program, but we do guarantee you the highest chances of seeing it in Levi, while spending an unforgettable evening and experiencing a spirit of winter outdoor Lapland.
- Please note that thermal clothing is not provided for this program. It can be rented separately.
- Sausages menu: pork (traditional Finnish sausage), chicken, vegetarian or vegan.
We recommend wearing warm winter clothing. It can be rented separately before the departure. We also have “valenki” - very warm wool felt boots.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event