Welcome to the Polarman’s camp – our exclusive place just outside Levi, without tourist buzz, with unobstructed Northern horizon view, almost 360⁰ sky view, minimum light pollution and warm Aurora dome shelter!
You will be met by the Polarman – our storyteller who will be your guide to the mysterious Aurora Hunters’ world. Get yourself comfortable on the reindeer skins around the open firepit on the frozen boat landing place for an introduction.
Having spent some time outdoors, it’s nice to come and warm-up in our Aurora dome, where the temperature stays +10 degrees or higher. Sitting by a crackling fireplace and warming your hands next the flame you’ll see a movie on a big screen about the Northern Lights and hear some interesting stories and legends about this natural phenomenon.
Our watcher guide will be keeping his eyes on the sky all the time. As soon as he spots an indication of Aurora, we’ll invite you outside to enjoy the most fascinating show of the Arctic nature. We’ll be taking videos and photos of the Lights with you in it if you wish. If you feel cold at any time during the program, you can always warm up inside the dome, have a glass of hot berry juice or magic drink with some ginger cookies. Children usually long to grill marshmallows in the fire. You can also grill sausages if you like.
- Guiding throughout the program
- Warm drink (non-alcoholic berry juice or our special magic drink)
- Ginger cookies
- Movie about Northern Lights
- Outside firepit sitting area, grilling marshmallows and sausages
- Photo & video session
- Warm-up place in Aurora dome
- Warm winter clothing
- We do not guarantee that you’ll see the Northern Lights on this program, but we do guarantee you the highest chances of seeing it in Levi, while spending an unforgettable evening and experiencing a spirit of winter outdoor Lapland.
- Please note that thermal clothing is not provided for this program. It can be rented separately.
- Sausages menu: pork (traditional Finnish sausage). Chicken, vegetarian or vegan come at extra charge.
We recommend wearing warm winter clothing. It can be rented separately before the departure. We also have “valenki” - very warm wool felt boots.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event