Pick up the pace on your winter vacation with an exhilarating snowmobile safari in Rovaniemi, Lapland. It is a highly recommended activity if you want to have a good time in the snow. The snowmobile is a fast and fun way to go for a ride through snowy forests and speeding across scenic areas of interest in the Arctic region.
Scandinavian Travel Group organizes different snowmobile tours night and day to suit your skill levels and confidence. You can also choose how much time you want to spend on the snowmobiles. Jump in the driving seat for a couple of hours or book a much longer snowmobile safari in Rovaniemi when you want to make the most of your time outdoors. You can drive solo or take a passenger, providing the person’s minimum height is 120cm. There is also the option to go on sleigh pulled by a guide-driven snowmobile.
5 fun ways to enjoy snowmobiles in Rovaniemi, Lapland
- 1. Go on a night snowmobile safari. An exciting after-dark adventure awaits when you take a snowmobile and go in search of the Northern Lights in Rovaniemi.
- 2. Drive your snowmobile to the top of a snow-covered mountain where you can enjoy the view and take stunning photos of the winter wonderland below.
- 3. Book a family snowmobile safari in Rovaniemi when you want to guarantee fun for everyone. Children aged 4-12 years old get a chance to drive a mini snowmobile on a family-friendly track.
- 4. Take an e-sled snowmobile safari. Electric snowmobiles are silent and emission-free. This is better for the environment and enhances your experience in the heart of nature.
- 5. Visit the reindeer farm or husky kennels on your snowmobile. This gives you the opportunity to take a husky ride or experience a reindeer sleigh ride before it is time to jump back on your snowmobile.
Driving a high-performance snowmobile is a thrilling outdoor activity. However, your safety is of utmost importance. Therefore, adhere to the guidelines and always be aware of those around you on your travels. This includes the local wildlife. The emphasis is on fun but also making sure everyone travels safely. Wearing the right clothing and a helmet will also help to keep you warm and protected.
If you not sure about exploring unfamiliar trails on your snowmobile on your own, Scandinavian Travel Group will arrange for a local guide to lead the way. This allows you to relax on the safari without worrying about getting lost.
Search for the Northern Lights on a snowmobile safari in Rovaniemi
If you go on a snowmobile safari at night there is a good chance you might see the Northern Lights, also referred to as the aurora borealis. Our local guides know all the best spots within the aurora zone. They will also keep a close idea on the weather forecast to help maximize your chances of seeing this amazing natural light display.
There are a great range of Scandinavian Travel Group snowmobile safaris available in Rovaniemi. This makes it easier to select a program best suited to your time schedule and preferences. When you want to explore a larger area of ground in just a few hours, travelling by snowmobile is the answer. The feeling of freedom as you explore nature on a modern motor sled makes the most of being outside in winter.
Book a snowmobile safari or hire snowscooters in Rovaniemi, Lapland
Simply book your snowmobile safari online or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org and our travel agent will be in touch. Or call/WhatsApp/Viber +358 400 514 530.
There are an excellent range of snow activities to explore on your visit to Rovaniemi. Scandinavian Travel Group also has great ideas for other Arctic adventures including the chance to see the Northern Lights on various tours and the following…
- •Visiting a spectacular Snow Hotel
- • Meeting Santa Claus and a trip to the Elves’ Kingdom
- • Snowshoeing
- • Reindeer safaris and farm visits
- • Igloo building
Look on our website for more inspiration and ideas when planning a winter holiday or contact us directly for more details and prices of these other tour options.