Silent eSleds offer an environmentally sustainable way to enjoy clean and fresh Arctic nature on our safaris. The eSled is very easy to drive for beginners due to its special electric drive and user-friendly operation. Our eSled safaris are a unique and exclusive experience.
Our eSled tours are specially designed for a silent and emission-free safari experience. Our mission is to preserve the pure Lappish nature and provide an authentic and exhilarating experience to our guests in Arctic surroundings.
There are possible safari departures: morning (Sunrise safari) or afternoon (Noon safari):
Sunrise Safari to Scenic Hillside: (9.00 – 12.00) We set off to the forest in the morning to enjoy the few hours of daylight the Arctic winter has to offer. Driving on the frozen lake and through the snow-clad forest, we get to see the rising sun turn the wilderness into a vista of glistening white. Before heading back, we stop at a hunting cabin on the top of a hill to warm ourselves by the fire and enjoy hot juice, sausages, and cookies.
Noon Safari to Arctic Wilderness (14.00 – 17.00) On our afternoon safari, we take our guests to a hunting cabin in the middle of the forest. The journey begins in daylight with crossing the frozen lake Lehtojärvi and continues through bogs and forests. We stop at a hunting cabin on the top of a hill to warm ourselves by the fire and enjoy hot juice, sausages, and cookies before heading back as the daylight fades and stars light up in the sky.
- Guided safari
- Warm clothing, boots, helmet, gloves/mittens, socks, scarfs
- Lappish snacks package
- Warm Berry Juice, Coffee/Tea
- Package "Kota lunch & snowhotel visit"
- Standard price is given for one person on a double snowmobile or in a sledge. Solo driving is available at a supplement.
- Child price is valid for a child under 140 cm seated in a sleigh.
- Insurance covers accidents with maximum own responsibility 990€.
According to Finnish law, to drive a snowmobile one should be at least 15 years old and have a valid driver’s license of category B, T, A1 or A (i.e. car or motorbike). Alcohol tolerance is zero, drivers will have to pass an alcohol test before the safari. A second passenger can sit behind the driver on the snowmobile if the person’s minimum height is 140 cm and his/her feet can fully reach the footrests. Otherwise, this person should be seated in the sledge.The sledge is always pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. The sledge has an open top and can take up to 4 persons. It’s advised that a small child seated in a sleigh is accompanied by an adult. Maximum speed limit is 60 km/h and 80 km/h on the lakes. Driving is only allowed on marked trails.
- Please take your driving license with you on the snowmobile safari as the police may check the validity of the license during the safari.
- We recommend wearing thermo body-wear + multilayer clothing and woolen socks. You will get warm outer clothing and boots before the safari.
- For those people who consider self-rental: out there you’ll be surrounded by almost total whiteness, so it’s quite easy to lose one’s way for the first time, that’s why to guarantee the quality time, we highly recommend for the first time to go on an organized safari with an experienced local guide.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 4 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event