We start the day with a snowmobile drive enjoying the snowy landscapes as we make our way towards a local reindeer farm. At the farm we get to meet the reindeer up close and take a short reindeer ride (500-700m) in a sledge. Afterwards the reindeer herders will tell you stories about the reindeer and reindeer husbandry in Lapland. Then it is time to enjoy a delicious lunch at the reindeer farm.
After lunch we make our way to a local husky farm where the dogs are already eagerly awaiting their chance to do what they do best – to run. After a quick introduction to driving a husky sledge we take off on a 5 km husky safari through the wilderness. When we return tothe husky farm we have a chance to get to know the huskies a bit better and share our experiences by a camp fire.
- Guided safari
- Warm clothing, boots, helmet, gloves/mittens, socks, scarfs
- Short reindeer ride (500-700m) in a sledge
- 5 km husky safari self-guided
- Standard price is given for one person on a double snowmobile or in a sledge. Solo driving is available at a supplement.
- Child price is valid for a child under 120 cm seated in a sleigh.
- Insurance covers accidents with a maximum driver excess of 1000 €. You can buy a waiver for 19 € to lower the excess to 299 €. Waiver is available to buy only on the spot.
According to Finnish law, to drive a snowmobile one should be at least 15 years old and have a valid driver’s license of category B, T, A1 or A (i.e. car or motorbike). Alcohol tolerance is zero, drivers will have to pass an alcohol test before the safari.
A second passenger can sit behind the driver on the snowmobile if the person’s minimum height is 120 cm and his/her feet can fully reach the footrests. Otherwise, this person should be seated in the sledge.The sledge is always pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. The sledge has an open top and can take up to 8 persons. It’s advised that a small child seated in a sleigh is accompanied by an adult.
Maximum speed limit is 60 km/h and 80 km/h on the lakes. Driving is only allowed on marked trails.
- Please take your driving license with you on the snowmobile safari as the police may check the validity of the license during the safari.
- We recommend wearing thermo body-wear + multilayer clothing and woolen socks. You will get warm outer clothing and boots before the safari.
- For those people who consider self-rental: out there you’ll be surrounded by almost total whiteness, so it’s quite easy to lose one’s way for the first time, that’s why to guarantee the quality time, we highly recommend for the first time to go on an organized safari with an experienced local guide.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event