This snowmobile safari is specialized for families with little children. We will go for the ride on the marked snowmobile forest trails in the wild, where parents can ride their own snowmobile and children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. Children over 120 cm whose feet can fully reach the footrests can sit on the snowmobile behind the driver and paying the adult price.
After the traditional snowmobile safari, it is time for children’s snowmobile driving. The smaller family members get to drive children snowmobiles on a safe dedicated track under supervision. These vehicles are just what young girls and boys dream of – a replica of an adult snowmobile, but lighter. This activity is suitable for children 4-12 years. Children can also play in the snow. Snow games and fun guarantees a playful tour. There is time to relax by a campfire also, have a cup of warm berry juice and grill a sausage.
The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 45 min. The average speed during our tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement for an extra charge. Children are traveling in the sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
- Guided safari
- Warm clothing, boots, helmet, gloves/mittens, socks, scarfs
- Hot drink
- Grilling sausages at the campfire
- Kids get to drive special mini snowmobiles
- Upgrade standard warm clothing to professional version
- Standard price is given for one person on a double snowmobile or in a sledge. Solo driving is available at a supplement.
- Child price is valid for a child under 120 cm seated in a sleigh.
- Insurance covers accidents with a maximum driver excess of 1000 €. You can buy a waiver for 19 € to lower the excess to 299 €. Waiver is available to buy only on the spot.
According to Finnish law, to drive a snowmobile one should be at least 15 years old and have a valid driver’s license of category B, T, A1 or A (i.e. car or motorbike). Alcohol tolerance is zero, drivers will have to pass an alcohol test before the safari.
A second passenger can sit behind the driver on the snowmobile if the person’s minimum height is 120 cm and his/her feet can fully reach the footrests. Otherwise, this person should be seated in the sledge.The sledge is always pulled by the guide’s snowmobile. The sledge has an open top and can take up to 8 persons. It’s advised that a small child seated in a sleigh is accompanied by an adult.
Maximum speed limit is 60 km/h and 80 km/h on the lakes. Driving is only allowed on marked trails.
- Please take your driving license with you on the snowmobile safari as the police may check the validity of the license during the safari.
- We recommend wearing thermo body-wear + multilayer clothing and woolen socks. You will get warm outer clothing and boots before the safari.
- For those people who consider self-rental: out there you’ll be surrounded by almost total whiteness, so it’s quite easy to lose one’s way for the first time, that’s why to guarantee the quality time, we highly recommend for the first time to go on an organized safari with an experienced local guide.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event