We start the program at the Arctic Lifestyle Safari House after which a bus takes us to our starting location. There you will be kitted with warm winter gear and we'll get a brief lesson in snowmobile driving and safety. Then it's time to go on an adventure into the pristine forests surrounding the area. In this program we aim at driving a bit faster and getting off-the beaten tracks for a while. However, safety and comfort of our guests always comes first and the guide will adapt the driving speed and mode to the participants’ abilities. After a long drive, we'll return to our starting area and take the bus back to the center of Rovaniemi.
The mentioned duration of the safari is the actual time of the excursion. The total duration is app. 60-90 minutes longer than the mentioned duration, as we transfer and equip you.
- Guided safari
- Warm clothing, boots, helmet, gloves/mittens, socks, scarfs
- Standard price is given for one person on a double snowmobile or in a sledge. Solo driving is available at a supplement.
- Insurance covers accidents with a maximum driver excess of 1000 €. You can buy a waiver for 19 € to lower the excess to 299 €. Waiver is available to buy only on the spot.
According to Finnish law, to drive a snowmobile one should be at least 15 years old and have a valid driver’s license of category B, T, A1 or A (i.e. car or motorbike). Alcohol tolerance is zero, drivers will have to pass an alcohol test before the safari.
A second passenger can sit behind the driver on the snowmobile if the person’s minimum height is 120 cm and his/her feet can fully reach the footrests.
- Please take your driving license with you on the snowmobile safari as the police may check the validity of the license during the safari.
- We recommend wearing thermo body-wear + multilayer clothing and woolen socks. You will get warm outer clothing and boots before the safari.
- For those people who consider self-rental: out there you’ll be surrounded by almost total whiteness, so it’s quite easy to lose one’s way for the first time, that’s why to guarantee the quality time, we highly recommend for the first time to go on an organized safari with an experienced local guide.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event