The perfect chance to see an authentic Lappish reindeer farm with more than 200 reindeer. Our families have been practicing reindeer herding in Rovaniemi since at least 1800. Learn about the everyday life of reindeer herders and how the life of the reindeer goes during the year. You will also have an opportunity to experience the most traditional way of transportation here in Lapland: the reindeer sleigh.
- Transportation to the reindeer farm and back.
- Guiding (English & Finnish) & information about the life of reindeer, the reindeer farm and reindeer herding in general.
- A short reindeer ride (around 500 meters) IF the winter conditions permit it.
- Warm berry juice and cookies.
- A reindeer driving licence.
- Warm winter clothing
Reindeer are semi-domesticated animals and even though they are used to living next to people, they are quite shy and can be unpredictable. Please always follow the instructions given by the guide and try to be calm and careful when close to the reindeers.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event