Adventures in snow begin with a reindeer ride in Rovaniemi, Lapland.
The great joy of discovering new places is immersing yourself in the culture and traditions. When in Rovaniemi this means spending some quality time with the reindeer. These magnificent animals hold a special place in the hearts of the locals and you are warmly invited to visit the farms. The Scandinavian Travel Group offers a range of tours that include a reindeer safari in Rovaniemi, Lapland and farm visits. Local herders are proud to introduce you to the animals that are very much a part of life in this part of the world.
5 incredible reindeer experiences in Rovaniemi
Reindeer tours are the perfect experience for wildlife enthusiasts, animal lovers and anyone who wants to experience a slower pace of life going on a reindeer ride in Rovaniemi, Lapland. Here are 5 favourite tours not to be missed:
- 1. Reindeer farm and short reindeer safari. The reindeer are harnessed up and waiting to take you through the forest to a traditional Lappish reindeer farm. This short reindeer safari in Rovaniemi, Lapland is around 400 meters but it leaves you more time to meet the 200 reindeer on the farm and chat with the herders about life reindeer herding.
- 2. Aurora reindeer safari, Rovaniemi, Lapland. This uniquely wonderful opportunity combines a reindeer ride with a chance to see the Northern Lights. The leisurely evening safari takes you into the heart of nature where there is every chance you might get to see the aurora light up the night sky.
- 3. Polar express: husky and reindeer ride in Lapland. Why not combine a husky and reindeer safari to make the most of your time in Rovaniemi. It is a wonderful way to spend 4 hours. After a reindeer ride and spending time with the herder, there is fun to be had on a husky safari.
- 4. Reindeer farm and reindeer safari. A reindeer ride in Rovaniemi, Lapland, is the most peaceful way to get around in the snow. Spending time at a reindeer farm and meeting the Lappish families who know all about reindeer husbandry is also a great educational experience.
- 5. Reindeer farm and super reindeer safari. If you want to go on a longer reindeer safari, this tour includes a wonderful 1 hour safari through the wintery forests. You’ll go at an unhurried pace and take in the pretty snow scenes.
More fun things to do in Rovaniemi, Lapland
- • If you want to get learn more about traditional life in Lapland, how about a reindeer safari and ice fishing? This relaxed tour invites you to explore the snow-covered scenes of Rovaniemi on a reindeer ride while also making time for a spot of ice fishing.
- • The Scandinavian Travel Group can also arrange for you to take a snowmobile safari to a reindeer farm. This exciting opportunity also includes a relaxing reindeer ride and a chance to spend some quality time with the farm owners who have many stories to share about reindeer herding.
- • Or you can learn how to turn a reindeer antler into a beautiful souvenir on a special tour that takes you to a Lappish family workshop where handicrafts are made.
If you are looking for a winter activity that everyone can enjoy, a reindeer safari in Rovaniemi, Lapland is highly recommended. Reindeers are semi-domesticated animals and are perfectly happy to be around people. You can feed them their favourite snack and take lots of photos to capture the memory of your time in Lapland.
Book Now! Don’t miss the chance to take a reindeer ride in Rovaniemi, Lapland
Once you have chosen your favourite reindeer safaris, book them as follows:
- • Book your reindeer safari online.
- • Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org and our travel agent will be in touch.
- • Call/WhatsApp/Viber +358 400 514 530.
Don’t forget that we have many other tours that promise to make your time in Rovaniemi extra special. Ask our tour agents about trips to see Santa and a visit to the exciting Santa Park. Other activities include trips to see the Northern Lights, husky and snowmobile activities. Book now to make sure you are guaranteed a place on our popular tours.