Travel in “time machine” back to the past when Saami people used the reindeers as means of transportation and during long winter nights, Aurora lighted them way to home.
A short transfer from Rovaniemi will bring you to the Lappish lakeside reindeer farm. You will be met by reindeer herders and after short instructions you will start on a magical 3,5 km safari. Reindeers will take you for a peaceful trip where nature shows it silent beauty. May the luck be with you to see the beautiful Aurora or the starry sky. Upon return, hot drinks and snacks are waiting for you in Kammi cottage on the farm. By the fire we can talk about Lappish way of life and reindeer husbandry.
- Guiding (English / Finnish)
- Warm drink and cold smoked salmon sandwiches
- Warm-up place in a Lappish Kammi by the open fire
- Reindeer driving license
- Stories about Lappish way of living
- Warm winter clothing
We do not guarantee that you will see the Northern Lights on this program, but we do guarantee you the highest chances of seeing it and very comfortable experiences.
Reindeer are semi-domesticated animals and even though they are used to living next to people, they are quite shy and can be unpredictable. Please always follow the instructions given by the guide and try to be calm and careful when close to the reindeers.
We strongly recommend wearing warm winter clothing. It can be rented separately before the departure or delivered to your hotel room or villa. Please provide shoe, trouser and jacket sizes in advance.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 4 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event