This reindeer safari and ice-fishing in Rovaniemi offers you the best combination to enjoy the Lappish nature during the winter.. First you will travel through the silent snow covered surroundings of Lapland in a traditional reindeer pulled sleigh for about 1 hour.
After safari you will continue to a frozen wilderness lake. Our guide will teach you how to drill a hole in the ice of the frozen lake and prepare the ice fishing rod and baits. Try some ice-fishing yourself to catch the fish of the day.Ice-fishing is one of the most favorite hobbies of Finnish people. Did you know that ice-fishing belongs to every-men’s right here in Finland? Upon return, hot drinks and snacks are waiting for you in Kammi cottage on the farm. By the fire we can talk about Lappish way of life and reindeer husbandry.
- Guiding (English & Finnish)
- Hot berry juice and a traditional Finnish pastry by the fire
- Reindeer driver’s license
- Warm winter clothing
- Fishing equipment, instructions on how to fish
Reindeer are semi-domesticated animals and even though they are used to living next to people, they are quite shy and can be unpredictable. Please always follow the instructions given by the guide and try to be calm and careful when close to the reindeers.
This activity depends on snow. If the tour is cancelled because of the lack of snow in early winter (November-December) or late spring (April), the refund is 100%.
We recommend wearing thermo body-wear + multilayer clothing and woolen socks. You will be given winter outer clothing upon arrival to the reindeer farm.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event