You will join an organized group program.
Visiting the Elves Hideaway is a unique Christmas program for both children and adults only available in Levi. The Hideaway lies on the bank of the longest river in Lapland and hidden from the people’s eyes by the magic forest.
Once the bus turns off the main road, thousands of candles and Christmas lights will guide the way to the Elves Hideaway. The Elves will greet the guests and guide them to the winter and fairytale activities both indoors and outdoors.
During the outdoor program kids will be tobogganing, learning to drive a traditional Finnish kick sledge, playing Elves’ football and having fun in the snow. We also greet the horses of the place. Thru the magical winter forest path and snowy corridors Elves will lead you to the center of their Hideaway. You’ll find three houses there: a Gingerbread Hut, where together with Elves kids will bake and decorate gingerbread cookies, an Elves School Hut where they teach you how to make Christmas decorations from natural materials and a Wise Elf’s Hut, where you can make your own magical snowflakes from the plain paper and also write a letter to Santa Claus, so the Elf’s postal service will deliver your letters to him.
You will then visit the main Elves’ house where the Elves live. Here you can also buy other food and drinks as well as souvenirs.
A new feature of the season is Seita Stone – the cave of goblins, gnomes and other magical forest creatures.
During the December Christmas program, you will also meet the Santa Claus, who will have a small chat with each family. Finally, Missis Santa will offer you traditional rice porridge with raisin soup. The exciting day ends with goodbyes from the Elves and Missis Santa. Do not forget to tell greetings from Santa to your friends as well. Merry Christmas!
- All the activities with English/Finnish speaking Elves
- Self-made ginger biscuits, self-made Christmas decoration
- Traditional kick sledges, tobogganing, elves football, baking ginger biscuits, making Christmas decorations
- Meeting with Santa Claus
- Traditional Christmas rice porridge with raisin soup
- Visiting reindeer fence
- Warm winter clothing
- Sausage frying
- Coffee, tea, soup and beverages at the cafe
Adults can stay during the program in a warm main house of Elves’, with souvenir shop and café, where it’s possible to buy snacks, meals and drinks (bar has a full alcohol license). Please note that thermal clothing is not provided for this program. It can be rented separately.
We recommend wearing warm winter clothing. It can be rented separately before the departure. We also have “valenki” - very warm wool felt boots.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event