During 1.10 - 30.11; 1.4 - 30.4.
As we drive to the kennel from Levi, our guide will share with you some interesting facts about huskies.
In this excursion you will visit one of the oldest in Finland husky kennels in Finland, which belongs to the famous Finnish musher Reijo Jääskeläinen. During a kennel tour You will meet genuine Siberian huskies of different ages, arctic fox, tundra wolves, mixed dog-wolfs, spitz and puppies. Some of these animals are real movie-stars, as they were specially trained for filming. Your host will demonstrate some of the tricks the animals can do. As an additional option on this tour, you can go inside the cage with brown foxes and take selfies with them.
As you finish the tour around the kennel, the host will invite you inside a warm Laplander’s hut where you can enjoy a warm drink and cookies, sit next to the fireplace, visit a hall of fame of the owner, watch a movie about husky life and buy some local souvenirs.
- Guided tour around animal park
- Traditional Finnish hot berry juice or coffee
- Warm winter clothing
Child age: 2-11 years
Please take off your gloves/mittens when touching the huskies and other animals! They love to play with gloves and might break it easily, especially beware of the fox as she steals the gloves to hide them. Do not be afraid of the dogs, as they are genetically friendly to people. Do not feed the dogs.
At the kennel there might be other guests.
We recommend wearing warm winter clothing. It can be rented separately before the departure from the Safarimarket office in Levi center.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event