Welcome to the Polarman’s camp Rovaniemi – our exclusive private place about 20 min drive from Rovaniemi city center in a quiet private forest next to an open bog. Out here in the wilderness you will feel united with nature without tourist buzz, with unobstructed Northern skyline view, minimum light pollution and warm Aurora dome shelter!
Upon arrival You will be met by the Polarman – our storyteller who will be your guide to the mysterious Aurora Hunters’ world. He will take you on a beautiful nature walk along mysteriously illuminated trail in the forest. Get yourself comfortable on the reindeer skins inside the warm Aurora dome for an introduction. This will be your shelter where you can come and warm-up at any time during the evening. Inside temperature stays +15 degrees or higher. Sitting by a crackling fireplace and warming your hands next the flame you’ll see a movie on a big screen about the Northern Lights and hear some interesting stories and legends about this natural phenomenon. We will offer you hot berry juice or our special magic drink with some ginger cookies.
Our watcher guide will be keeping eyes on the sky all the time. As soon as we spot an indication of Aurora, we’ll invite you outside to enjoy the most fascinating show of the Arctic nature. We’ll be taking videos and photos of the Lights with you if you wish. Outside we have a cozy firepit, where you can grill sausages and marshmallows - children’s favorite.
- Guiding throughout the program
- Warm drink (non-alcoholic berry juice or our special magic drink), ginger cookies
- Movie about Northern Lights
- Outside firepit sitting area, grilling marshmallows and traditional Finnish sausage
- Photo & video session
- Warm-up place in Aurora dome
- Warm winter clothing
- Chicken, vegetarian or vegan sausage
We do not guarantee that you’ll see the Northern Lights on this program, but we do guarantee you the highest chances of seeing it in Rovaniemi, while spending an unforgettable evening and experiencing a spirit of winter outdoor Lapland. Please note that thermal clothing is not provided for this program. It can be rented separately.
Sausages menu: pork (traditional Finnish sausage).
Chicken, vegetarian or vegan can be ordered on request at extra charge.
We recommend wearing warm winter clothing. It can be rented separately before the departure.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event