Hop onto a sleigh for a magical reindeer ride in Levi, Lapland.
You don’t need to be an expert skier or snowboarder to enjoy a holiday in snow-covered Levi. There is so much more to see and do outdoors. How about a reindeer safari in Levi Lapland and a visit to a nearby reindeer farm? This type of outdoor program is a welcome serenity away from the noise and bustle of the modern world. Reindeers have a majestic elegance and a storybook beauty. It is not hard to imagine them pulling Santa’s sleigh around the world in record time.
Take a look at some of the best tours organised by the Scandinavian Travel Group. Going on a reindeer ride in Levi, Lapland is always highly recommended by those who have experienced the unique thrill of spending time with these special animals.
Choose a popular reindeer safari in Levi, Lapland
- 1. Super reindeer safari 50 min. If you want to spend as much time as possible on a reindeer sled, this particular safari is a perfect choice. You will have almost an hour enjoying a reindeer ride through the stunning Lappish forests. After this sled ride, there is still time to spend with the reindeer and talk to the reindeer herder about life and work in Levi. Remember your camera! Lots of photo opportunities to be had. The tour is 2 hours in total.
- 2. Lappish village and reindeer safari express. This popular tour is a great family-friendly experience. The reindeer ride is about 1 km and it takes you through a picture-perfect forest. The fun doesn’t stop there. You are invited to a charming old reindeer farm and can spend time with reindeer. There may even be an opportunity to go inside the reindeer corral where you can get up close to the beautiful reindeer calves. However, this depends on the time of year and calving season. Feel free to explore the farm and discover old Lappish artefacts from the reindeer herders.
- 3. Reindeer safari self-driven or driven by herder, Levi. You have the choice of taking the reins on a self-guided safari or you can sit back and let the herder take control of the reindeer as you journey for 30 minutes through the peaceful forest. After the reindeer ride there is plenty of time to spend with the reindeer and feed them a nutritious snack. You get treats too! Your host offers warm drinks and delicious pastries. The length of the entire tour is 2 hours.
- 4. Aurora hunting on reindeer safari. No reindeer ride in Levi, Lapland is complete without attempting to see the Northern Lights. This reindeer safari sets off after dark where local reindeer herders invite you to join them aurora hunting. Even if you don’t get to see the lights you still get to spend time with the gorgeous reindeer.
What makes a reindeer safari in Levi Lapland so special?
- • You get to experience a traditional way of Lappish life. Reindeers sleighs were a traditional mode of transport when the indigenous people had to trek across the frozen landscape of the Arctic.
- • There is something about snow and reindeer that takes you away from the routine and stress of modern life. These safaris allow you to connect with nature and learn about the reindeer husbandry way of life.
- • Reindeer are friendly creatures. The quiet nature of these semi-domesticated animals has a calming effect on everyone. Feeding them natural snacks of lichen also makes a reindeer safari special.
- • A reindeer safari is an educational experience. You get a chance to visit the reindeer farms and meet the owners who have years of experience looking after reindeer. Learn all about reindeer herding and this farming way of life over the centuries.
Book your reindeer ride in Levi, Lapland
Choose your preferred reindeer safaris then book online or email us: email@example.com. You can also make a booking over the phone, call/WhatsApp/Viber +358 400 514 530.
If you are planning your winter adventure, we have other tours and activities that promise great snow fun. Scandinavian Travel Group organises Northern Lights tours, snowmobile and husky safaris, igloo building and more. Get in touch with our friendly team of travel operators for more information.