The tour will start at a local safari house in Levi, where you will change into gear, guaranteed to keep you warm and dry during the safari, including overall, boots, helmet and gloves. Once equipped, a guide will give you brief instructions, and off you go! Within approximately 1,5 hrs you will arrive to the Snow Village Lainio.
You’ll have approximately 2 hours of free time in Snow Village so you can explore it on your own (entrance ticket is included in the tour price). Experience the magical world of snow and ice. Snow Village is packed with beautifully decorated rooms, sculptures, and Icebar. A warming juice will be served at the Icebar and you will have time to explore all the wonders of Snow Village at your own pace. Theme of the village is different every year. Back 2 winter seasons the theme was “Game of Thrones”, last season was “Illusions”. Season 2020-2021 the theme is "Macro world".
If you get cold, you can always come warm up in a warm restaurant and have a warm soup lunch, which is not included in the tour price and can be paid on the spot.
The average speed during our tours is limited due to safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, unless single (solo) supplement has been booked. Children under 120 cm of height ride in a sleigh pulled by the guide’s snowmobile.
Additional options on the tour:
- Guided tour around the Snow Village. We will walk you thru the snow labyrinths and explain the details of the snow village construction. You’ll see snow chapel (popular wedding place), snow hotel rooms, snow restaurant and ice-bar, ice and snow sculptures. In the ice bar you can buy a drink in a real ice glass.
- Soup lunch in a warm café
- Dinner in Ice restaurant.
Here is the dinner menu for this season (choose one from each category).
- Delicacies of Lapland – cold-smoked reindeer, marinated forest mushrooms, cold-smoked salmon, whitefish roe, cloudberry jam, goat cheese, red onion compote & house cracker (L)
- White fish, fennel and white fish roe (L,G)
- Parsnip soup, marinated mushrooms & roasted almonds (L,G)
- Crab soup, king crab & dill oil (L,G)
- Reindeer in two ways, celery purée & licorice sauce (L,G)
- Slowly cooked reindeer chunk, root vegetable purée & game sauce (L,G)
- Fried arctic char, cauliflower purée & white wine sauce (L,G)
- Beef marble steak 150g, celery purée & game sauce (L,G)
- Mushroom risotto, kale & lemon (L)
MAINS for CHILDREN
- Grilled salmon & potato purée (L,G)
- Sautéed reindeer & potato purée (L,G)
- Chicken nuggets & French fries (L)
- Sea buckthorn crème brúlée (L,G)
- Blueberry pudding, roasted white chocolate, white chocolate mousse & meringue (L,G)
- Almond cake, spruce sprout ice cream & salty caramel (L,G)
- Guided safari
- Warm clothing, boots, helmet, gloves/mittens, socks, scarfs
- Hot drink
- Entrance ticket to the Snow Village
- Guided tour around the Snow Castle
- Soup lunch in a warm café or Dinner in Ice restaurant
Due to a long driving on snowmobile, in this program solo driving is highly recommended (available at a supplement). No sledges will be used, so we don’t recommend this program for children. At any circumstances, if children participate, they must be at least 120 cm height and be seated behind the driver.
Insurance covers accidents with a maximum driver excess of 800 €. You can buy a waiver for 20 € to lower the excess to 300 €.
According to Finnish law, to drive a snowmobile one should be at least 15 years old and have a valid driver’s license of category B, T, A1 or A (i.e. car or motorbike). Alcohol tolerance is zero, drivers will have to pass an alcohol test before the safari.
Maximum speed limit is 60 km/h and 80 km/h on the lakes. Driving is only allowed on marked trails.
- Please take your driving license with you on the snowmobile safari as the police may check the validity of the license during the safari.
- We recommend wearing thermo body-wear + multilayer clothing and woolen socks. You will get warm outer clothing and boots before the safari.
- For those people who consider self-rental: out there you’ll be surrounded by almost total whiteness, so it’s quite easy to lose one’s way for the first time, that’s why to guarantee the quality time, we highly recommend for the first time to go on an organized safari with an experienced local guide.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event