Look up at the bright night sky that has been transformed by the aurora borealis in northern Finland.
The popular city of Rovaniemi located on the Arctic Circle is the perfect destination if you are planning trips to see aurora borealis. The Scandinavian Travel Group has an excellent range of Northern Lights excursions available and our local guides know all the best places to take you. Choose your favourite program and escape to the outskirts of the city where the darker skies make it easier to see the Northern Lights in Rovaniemi, Lapland.
The magic happens after dark
The best time to see the Northern Lights in Rovaniemi, Lapland, is whenever there is a clear night from late August to April. Autumn and spring are some of the prime times for spotting the auroras. However, many people head to Lapland over the winter months because they can combine seeing the Northern Lights with an opportunity to meet Santa Claus whose official home is in Rovaniemi.
5 incredible ways to see the Northern Lights in Rovaniemi, Lapland
- 1. In the night husky safari: This is a musher-driven husky safari so you can sit back and relax on a sled pulled by a team of strong and reliable huskies. Hopefully, you will see the Northern Lights as you make your journey into the night.
- 2. Aurora hunting on a reindeer safari in Rovaniemi: Head to a Lappish lakeside reindeer farm where the reindeer herders are waiting to welcome before the adventure begins.
- 3. Night snowmobile safari. Hop on a speedy snowmobile and go in search of Northern Lights in Rovaniemi, Lapland. Don’t forget your camera! Northern Lights photography in Rovaniemi has captured some incredible images of the vivid aurora borealis transforming the night with a stunning natural light show.
- 4. Aurora ice floating evening: This tour offers one of the most unique opportunities to see the Northern Lights in Rovaniemi, Lapland because it takes place on a frozen lake. Relax and float on the icy water and look up. The aurora borealis might light up the sky.
- 5. Northern Lights flight: Take to the skies on a private aircraft and get closer to the action on this unforgettable aurora borealis trip in Rovaniemi.
What you can expect from a tour planned by the Scandinavian Travel Group
- We have professional guides to help make our tours a success. Their knowledge of the best viewing places makes it easier to see the lights.
- The Northern Lights in Rovaniemi Lapland have inspired many myths and stories. Sit around the campfire and listen to the tales while you wait for an appearance.
- Enjoy traditional snacks.
- It is a unique experience.
- Booking tours opens up endless opportunities for you to see the best of Rovaniemi whether travelling on your own or with family and friends.
Northern Lights photography in Rovaniemi
Every smart traveller knows it is always a good idea to have their camera to hand. You never know when the perfect photo opportunity will present itself. This is especially true when you are exploring nature or standing under the night sky waiting for the aurora borealis to appear. Fortunately, many of the latest smartphones have excellent cameras built-in. The high quality and exposure with editing features make it even more enjoyable to go on photo tours. You can capture your best moments and turn them into photographic stories to save or share.
Book an aurora borealis trip in Rovaniemi
You can book your preferred Northern Lights tour and other activities directly from us. Simply book online or email us: email@example.com and our travel agent will be in touch. Or call/WhatsApp/Viber +358 400 514 530.