On this trip you will experience beautiful natural landscapes, insight into old fjord communities and salmon production, as well as taste salmon produced in the Hardangerfjord in combination with local ciders / apple juices.
After a tour of Hardanger Akvasenter's digital viewing center in Øystese, the trip goes with RIB into the fjord arm Fyksesund, which is an adventurously beautiful fjord arm midway in the Hardangerfjord.
Fyksesund is visually beautiful, and the inner part of the fjord has particularly steep and high mountain sides. There are several stops close to land along the way to experience nature and history of life along the fjord.
On the way out again we go ashore to Hardanger Aqua centre' s display facility at the start of the fjord arm. Here we get insight into salmon production in practice and delicious tastings of locally produced salmon are served in combination with local apple drinks.
Return in RIB via Kvamsøy and Tjuvaholmen back to Øystese.
- A fjord safari with English speaking guide
- Tour of Hardanger Akvasenter's digital viewing center in Øystese
- Getting insight into salmon production Hardanger Aqua centre' s display facility and delicious tasting of locally produced salmon served in combination with local apple drinks
- Flotation suits, protective eye goggles (feel free to bring your own sunglasses), lifejackets and all other necessary safety equipment
Please come 20 minutes prior departure, otherwise you will not have enough time to dress on the suite.
- We recommend long pants and a long sleeved sweater during the summer months unless it is a particularly warm day
- Infants must sit on your lap
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers (over 3 months)