RIB tour in between the steep mountainsides of the branch Fyksesund in the Hardangerfjord. The inner parts of the branch has many small and big waterfalls and the roadless hamlet Botnen. On the way out of the branch we go ashore at Steinstø fruit farm. This is a 9th generation fruit farm that lays with an idyllic view over the Hardangerfjord. The farmer guides you through his orchard, gives you fresh picked fruit/berries from the farm and a taste of his different apple juices og apple ciders.
The boat trip to the fjord branch Fyksesund is an experience in itself. The fjord has a long history with isolated mountain farms and the roadless hamlet Botnen which is one of the most authentic and protected cultural landscapes in Hardanger. There will be several stops close to land and waterfalls along the way, so it is important to have a camera easily accessible.
Guided tour and side tasting at Steinstø Fruktgard
When you arrive at the port at Steinstø, you will be greeted by a 9th generation fruit farmer at Steinstø Fruit farm. The farmer takes you on a guided tour through his orchard where you will be served the story of the farm and how it is run today.
Afterwards, you go down to the farm restaurant "Kjedlaren" where you are served finger food / tapas, tasted fruit / berries from the farm and several of the farm's self-produced apple juice / ciders. Steinstø Fruit farm produces traditional cider from Hardanger both with and without bubbles. The farm has a distinctive sweetness and aroma in its apples which is reflected in the taste of the apple juices and ciders.
Finally, the trip passes the cider production where you can buy the protected cider from Hardanger before it is time to get on the boat again and cruise back to Øystese.
- A fjord safari with English speaking guide
- Guided tour and side tasting at Steinstø Fruktgard
- Flotation suits, protective eye goggles (feel free to bring your own sunglasses), lifejackets and all other necessary safety equipment
Please come 20 minutes prior departure, otherwise you will not have enough time to dress on the suite.
- We recommend long pants and a long sleeved sweater during the summer months unless it is a particularly warm day
- Infants must sit on your lap
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers (over 3 months)