Fjord safari with RIB at Herand, Fyksesund and Kvamsøy. Fyksesund is the only side fjord in the Hardangerfjord without a road to the inner part of the fjord arm. The last 5 km of the 10 km long fjord goes between steep mountainsides to the roadless old village Botnen at the end of the fjord.
After dressing up we do a brief review of safety.
Across the Hardangerfjord, the trip enters the old trading town of Herandsholmen. From here the trips goes north across the fjord and enters Fyksesund which is an adventurous beautiful fjord arm midway through the Hardangerfjord.
The trip goes back via Kvamsøy.
Join us on an adrenaline-filled RIB tour – the fastest boat ride you can get! Your driver and guide stops a couple of times to let the unique scenery work its magic and to provide interesting facts about the fjord and people who used to live at the fjord farms. With a bit of luck even porpoises show themselves in the water.
There are several stops close to land along the way to experience nature and life along the fjord. It is important to have a camera easily accessible.
- A fjord safari with English speaking guide
- Flotation suits, protective eye goggles (feel free to bring your own sunglasses), lifejackets and all other necessary safety equipment
Please come 20 minutes prior departure, otherwise you will not have enough time to dress on the suite.
- We recommend long pants and a long sleeved sweater during the summer months unless it is a particularly warm day
- Infants must sit on your lap
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers (over 3 months)