RIB tour via the old trading town Herandsholmen, over the Hardangerfjord to the steep mountainsides in the branch Fyksesund. At the end of the branch we go ashore for 1 hour in the roadless and old hamlet Botnagrend.
The tour starts at Hardangerfjord Hotel in Øystese after dressing, and a brief review of safety.
Across the Hardangerfjord, the trip goes via the old trading town of Herandsholmen before heading to the branch Fyksesund. The branch is an adventurously beautiful fjord arm midway in the Hardangerfjord. Fyksesund is visually beautiful, and the inner part of the fjord has very steep and high mountain sides.
In the bottom of Fyksesund lie the villages Botnen and Flatabø only accessible by boat or by foot. We go ashore in Botnagrenda – today an abandoned community – lies one of the most authentic and protected cultural landscapes in Hardanger, as it was at the end of the 19th century. There was a vibrant community here in the roadless hamlet.
We will stop several times close to shore to experience nature and life along the fjord. Have your camera equipment easily accessible.
Return via Kvamsøy and Tjuvaholmen.
- A fjord safari with English speaking guide
- Flotation suits, protective eye goggles (feel free to bring your own sunglasses), lifejackets and all other necessary safety equipment
Please come 20 minutes prior departure, otherwise you will not have enough time to dress on the suite.
- We recommend long pants and a long sleeved sweater during the summer months unless it is a particularly warm day
- Infants must sit on your lap
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers (over 3 months)