In this cross-border excursion, our destination is Swedish village of Jukkasjärvi, 200 km north of the Arctic Circle in Swedish Lapland. Travel time from Levi to Jukkasjarvi is ab. 4 hrs one way. Excursion duration, incl. lunch is ab.3 hrs.
Icehotel is the world’s most famous hotel and an art exhibition made of ice and snow. Founded in 1989, it is reborn in a new guise every winter.
Since 2016 a whole new ice experience is to be enjoyed alongside the classic Icehotel experience. ICEHOTEL 365 is a permanent structure and year-round ice experience in 2,100 m2 with 20 luxury suites, each with a heated area of private relax and bathroom, art suites, all sculptured by selected artists, ice bar that serves champagne and drinks, as well as an ice gallery – all created out of snow and ice. Around 30,000 liters of water from Torne River has transformed into snow and several tons of ice have been harvested from the river to create both parts of Icehotel. This ice experience is cooled by solar panels during the summer months.
Icehotel is an art symposium in a class of its own. The energy released here when creative people from a wide variety of backgrounds and places meet the ice is almost tangible. Each year some 40 artists are taking part in Icehotel.
The name Jukkasjärvi comes from a Sami word that roughly translates as “meeting place by the water”, as the village was historically an important marketplace. At Icehotel, too, meetings take center stage – the meetings between Jukkasjärvi residents and visitors, between different cultures, between people and nature, and between ice and creativity.
At the end of the visit you will have a lunch in IceHotel’s restaurant, after what you’ll start your way back home.
- Entrance tickets and guided tour around the Icehotel and Icehotel 365
- Lunch in IceHotel restaurant
- Personal certificate
- A drink from the ice glass in the icebar: non-alcoholic or alcoholic
- Winter clothing (warm overalls) and boots
- Please take you passport along, as we will be crossing over the Finnish border to Sweden
- Starting time from Levi 8.00
- Please take you passport along, as we will be crossing over the Finnish border to Sweden.
- We recommend wearing warm winter clothing. Warm clothing can be rented separately from the Safarimarket office in Levi center.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event