During this day trip from Levi, you will travel to the Bothnian Sea between Finland and Sweden and board the Icebreaker Polar Explorer. During the tour, you will discover and experience how the icebreaker operates and navigates through the icy waters of the Arctic seas.
The Icebreaker is a unique vessel, it was purposefully rebuilt for withstanding the crushing pressure of the frozen waters and ice sheets. In addition, it has a specifically designed hull that is built to break and destroy ice in its path. It has a long and colorful history behind it as it has been used for things such as an important supply vessel and towing boat.
On board, there are seven stations that you can visit and see how the ship operates. These are for example the engine room, the front (bow) section of the ship and the ship cafeteria. In addition, you are free to visit all sections of the ship, including the Captain’s bridge. The only places off-limits are the ones marked with “Crew Only” signs.
During the cruise, there will be a one hour stop, during which time you are able to put on some flotation suits and go for a swim in the freezing waters. Due to the nature of your equipment, you don’t have to know how to swim: anyone can do it, including kids 125cm+ if joined by their parents.
- Standard cruise ticket, 3-hour cruise on the icebreaker
- Hot drinks on board
- 7 decks guided tour
- Audio guide in 18 languages
- All the gear (warm overall floating suite)
- Film in Icebreaker theatre
- Cruise & Swim certificate
- Lunch in a restaurant on the shore
- Warm winter clothing (except the ice swimming gear)
- Snacks, meals on board of the ship
- A professional photographer will take photos throughout and offer images for sale at the end
Flexible package: refundable, changeable, acc. to booking terms.
Snacks and additional drinks are available for purchase onboard the ship cafeteria. Ice swimming is available for children over 125cm accompanied by their parents
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event