During this day trip from Levi, you will travel all the way to Arctic Ocean in North Norway to go on a famous KingCrab safari, see Norwegian Fjords, get a taste of a life of Norwegian fisherman, savor a freshly caught and prepared king crab for dinner. Transfer from Levi to Kirkenes (Norway) takes about 6 hours one way. Time on the boat in the fjord about 2 hours.
We will wake you up with a freshly brewed Finnish coffee and tasty breakfast pack in a bus. As we’re driving to the North, you’ll see a landscape changing from taiga to tundra and after the Norwegian border crossing – fjords and mountains. After we arrive to the Arctic Ocean, we will stop at the peer of the most Northern never-freezing fjord. After a briefing about safety rules at sea we will put on the warm floating suits, board on a fisherman’s boat and go out on a cruise in the open fjord. When we reach the fishing grounds your captain will lift a big crab pod from the sea bottom full of crabs and release them on the deck. You can take photos with crabs. Captain will explain the difference between male and female, and if you’re lucky you can taste crab caviar. You can also try deep-sea angling from the boat at the same time. When we return on the shore, captain will prepare a delicious meal of tender crab meat and serve it to you in a cozy fisherman’s dining room. After the dinner you will return to Levi by bus.
This experience is nothing short of authentic. The boat is the same one captain uses for his professional fishing. When the captain takes you to the sea, you can feel the elements: the sprays of water, the wind, the cold… and the smell of fish, of course. You might not be comfortable all the time, but on the way home you know you’ve done something special, something genuine. Sustainability is a natural part of this experience. The captain doesn’t overfish, never exceeds quotas or takes more than he needs.
- Guiding throughout the whole program
- All the gear (warm overall floating suite) on the boat
- Fjord-cruise on a fisherman’s boat
- Dinner in fisherman’s room from the freshly boiled king crab with one-two glasses of white wine
- Taste of sea fishing experience
- Crab meat contains a lot of protein, people with allergies to protein and fish should advise us at the time of booking.
- Persons prone to motion sickness are advised to take the medicine on the trip.
- Please take you passport along, as we will be crossing over the Finnish border to Norway.
- Starting time from Levi 6.00
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event