Did you know Balestrand’s sights are best seen from the fjord? Do you enjoy the wind in your hair? We have just the tour for you!
As we speed into the Esefjord you may feel we are entering an oil painting—this view was (and still is) a favorite motif for artists from all over the world, and it is said that the light here is unique. We continue to the base of the waterfall Kvinnafossen, descending 120 meters from her mountain source. In spring she is a thundering fury, and in winter a silent beauty.
We change course and pass an enormous statue of the Viking hero Fritjof, who lived here and fell in love with a princess from Balestrand. We round the island of Kvamsøy, with its stone medieval church (the oldest building in the village). Here we pass Målsnes farm, where your today's guide take his name from. Here they grow plums, apples and raspberries in Balestrand’s fertile climate. His family is proud to be the ninth generation to live here.
On the return we slow down and cruise alongside the elaborate facades of the Balestrand’s dragon-style villas, which can only truly be experienced from a boat.
- A fjord safari with English speaking guide with stops at major attractions
- Flotation suits, protective eye goggles (feel free to bring your own sunglasses), lifejackets and all other necessary safety equipment
- Please come 20 minutes prior departure, otherwise you will not have enough time to dress on the suite.
- There are small compartments under the seats for personal belongings
- There are lockers for clothes and valuables in the safari house
- We recommend long pants and a long sleeved sweater during the summer months unless it is a particularly warm day
- Infants must sit on your lap
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers (over 3 months)