We will get to the quiet, unhurried and prosperous Helsinki, appreciate the magnificent buildings of the early 20th century and the pearls of modern architecture, talk about the sad, funny and instructive stories of residents of luxury villas.
- Why is this island chosen by businessmen and creative people?
- How did people get here in the early 20th century?
- Which Finnish Director has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
- Which Finnish President's son did the US presidents, the Spanish dictator, the Prince of Monaco and the famous physicist pose for?
This and many other things we are working on our tour around the island of Kulosaari.
Kulosaari is located in the Eastern part of Helsinki on the same name island. It is considered as a prestigious area with lots of private houses and high-rise buildings, giving home to about 4,000 people.
The oldest houses are villas from the end of the IX century, when the rich people have built summer houses here. The island's high-rise buildings were built later in the 1960s and 1970s. It is very interesting to walk around the island and admire the architecture, atmospheric lanes, old mansions and new glass houses. The most expensive houses have their own wharves.
Kulosaari district has several small parks on the island. The most important of them, Kluuvi, is located on the sea.
The area has many embassies and diplomatic residences. The most impressive of them is the Eastern-style Iraqi Embassy. About 20 percent of the island's residents are diplomats.
Both Finnish, Swedish, English kindergartens and schools could be found here. Swedes make up about 19% Kulosaari population. You will find a small Lutheran Church with a bell tower and a parish club here as well with services held on Sundays. On the neighboring island one can see a small cemetery with a Lutheran chapel.
On a small island not far from Kluuvi, there is a casino with an elite restaurant, a tennis court, a hall with tennis and badminton, and a yacht club.
- Walking tour with English/Russian speaking guide
- Metro tickets
This program can be organized as a private walking tour or a private tour by car with pick-up from your hotel in Helsinki.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 4 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event