The Lampivaara amethyst mine is a fascinating travel destination all year round. The amethysts of Lampivaara fell were born 2 000 billion years ago, deep in the bowels of the ancient mountains.
You will travel to Lampivaara amethyst mine using the Amethyst Pendolino snow train - a special heated wagon pulled by a snow machine.
Pendolino will take you to the top of Lampivaara fell where you can enjoy the view of the Pyhä-Luosto National park area. Then you will be seated in a wooden shelter, drink warm berry juice and listen to the facts and fiction surrounding this fascinating purple gemstone.
During the guided tour you will learn about the natural process that created the amethyst gemstones, their properties, the history of the mine and some of the uses of amethyst.
- Tour of the mine
- Amethyst Pendolino snow train
- Hot berry juice
- Digging your own amethyst stone
- Warm winter clothing
We recommend wearing warm winter clothing. Warm clothing can be rented separately. Please provide clients’ shoe, trouser and jacket size.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 7 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event