Snow is all you need to enjoy some cool winter activities in Rovaniemi, Lapland. Ice also adds to the excitement! How about visiting a spectacular snow hotel or enjoying dinner in an ice restaurant? You can easily spend a couple of hours or more appreciating the creative effort that goes into designing and building a hotel made out of snow and ice. You will also see some impressive ice art and sculptures. The Scandinavian Travel Group has special tours that start in Rovaniemi and transfer to some of these intriguing places.
To make the most of your winter break in Rovaniemi, we recommend the following activities:
- 1. ARCTIC SNOW HOTEL & CASTLE This program begins in Rovaniemi, Lapland. It is only a 25-minute transfer to get to the striking Arctic Snow Hotel and Castle. Prepared to be mesmerized at the sight of snow and ice structures that are transformed works of art. If you have questions or want to know more about the hotel, a local guide will explain how the designers and artists successfully build an entire hotel made from ice and snow.
- 2. DINNER AT THE ICE RESTAURANT Wrap up warm! Another must-do activity when you are based in Rovaniemi is enjoying a 3-course dinner at the Snow and Ice Restaurant. It is an unforgettable experience and delicious, too! The temperature inside these snow constructions is around -6° C. If you don’t fancy ice-cream for dessert, there are plenty of warm alternatives including a range of hot drinks.
After visiting a snow hotel, you might be inspired to build your own snow structure. Building an igloo out of snow is a great Arctic experience. There is always plenty of snow in Rovaniemi. All you need is a shovel and some helping hands to create a construction entirely made out of snow. Don’t forget to put a hole in the roof for plenty of ventilation.
These recommendations give you an idea of what Rovaniemi has to offer. With careful planning, you can have an action-packed schedule and lots of fun. Whether it is seeing the creative wonder of a snow hotel, building a snow igloo, making snow angels or having an epic snowball fight, there is snow and ice entertainment for everyone. The children will especially love the opportunity to play and explore this wonderful world of snow.
All these experiences are beautiful but cold. After all, it is the Arctic! So always layer up in thermal clothing, especially if you having lunch or dinner inside a snow hotel and ice restaurant where the temperatures can dip to -7C. If you are moving around or doing a more active activity, such as building an igloo or throwing snowballs, you can easily take off a layer if you get too warm.
Book your snow hotel tour from Rovaniemi
The easier way to plan your snow and ice adventure in Rovaniemi is to book online. You can also email us: firstname.lastname@example.org and our travel agent will be in touch. If you would like to chat with someone, call/WhatsApp/Viber +358 400 514 530.
We can also arrange other winter adventures and experiences for you to enjoy. How about a trip to see the Aurora Borealis? We offer different Northern Light hunting programs. These include:
- • Northern Lights Hunting by Car
- • Night Snowmobile Safari
- • Snowshoeing at Night to Hunt for Aurora
- • Reindeer Safari at Night
Take a moment to explore our website for inspiration and ideas or contact us directly if you have any questions about our tours and prices.