A trip to Lapland has to include a visit to Santa Claus Village and Santa Park. You’ll discover the elves’ secret school too. These intriguing places are where the magic happens. Scandinavian Travel Group has special tours for you to meet Santa Claus in Rovaniemi. Santa’s atmospheric hometown is the perfect place to spend a couple of hours or you can book a day program if you want to make the most of your visit.
Santa’s home just outside the center of Rovaniemi is one of those iconic winter destinations. It has been the source of inspiration for countless movies and storybooks. Santa is famous across the globe. Did you know that you can meet him and his team of hard-working elves throughout the year? This even includes his busiest month in December. If you want to make the most of your time in Rovaniemi we recommend the following tour:
SANTA CLAUS VILLAGE AND SANTA PARK
Spend a memorable 3 hours at the enchanting Rovaniemi Christmas Village and experience all the excitement of Santa’s world. This snow-covered winter wonderland welcomes families and visitors who love celebrating the magic of Christmas. The adventure begins the moment you walk along the Magic Path and cross the official Arctic Circle line to meet Santa Claus in his office. You are gifted a special diploma to celebrate crossing the Arctic Circle. If you have ever wondered where all the letters addressed to Santa end up, you are about to find out. You are invited into the Official Santa Claus Post Office to see where the action happens. Thousands of letters addressed to Father Christmas Lapland from children and adults from around the world arrive at this Post Office where they are carefully collected and handed over to Santa. This is also the perfect opportunity for you to send a postcard to friends and family. All the outgoing mail has the official Santa Post Office stamp. There is also plenty of time to explore Santa Park. Have fun going on magic rides and enjoy the Elf School Interactive Show, elf workshops and so much more. This tour is 7 km from Rovaniemi.
5 Fun Things to do in Rovaniemi
- 1. Spend time with Santa Claus. You will pass across the Magic Path to Santa’s office where you will meet the man himself!
- 2. Pop into the Official Santa Claus Post office to see where the action happens in Rovaniemi. It receives thousands of letters from children and adults from all over the world. Take a moment to send a postcard to friends and family back home. It will feature the official Santa Post Office stamp. Don’t forget to order a letter from Santa to send to loved ones for Christmas.
- 3. Walk across the magical Arctic Circle that runs through Santa Claus Village. You’ll get a diploma to mark the occasion.
- 4. Browse the numerous souvenir shops and stores that stock traditional Finnish products.
- 5. Go to Santa Park, which is just a short drive from the village
Tip: If you want to meet Santa in person, it is helpful to arrange a meeting in advance to help beat the queues. Santa is a very popular person! We arrange pre-booked slots for our excursions. Hopefully, this should help to shorten the waiting time for you so you can make the most of the fun.
We recommend the following private program if you are spending some time in Rovaniemi Lapland:
DREAM OF JOULUKKA is a special private 3-hour program where you are invited to explore Santa Claus Secret Forest. You will meet Santa and discover a magical world where the Elves are hard at work preparing for Christmas. The highlights of the tour include:
- • You are welcomed by friendly Elves who can’t wait to share their secrets and gift-making skills.
- • There is an exciting opportunity to take part in Santa’s Helpers’ Training where you can earn an Elf diploma once you have mastered special elf skills.
- • There is also time for sweet treats when you take part in gingerbread decoration fun.
- • You will also enjoy a range of outdoor activities including a walk through the magical forest.
- • Warm up inside by an open fire enjoying hot drinks.
- • As the excitement builds, you are invited to explore one of the best-kept secrets of Christmas! The elves will lead you along the magical Fairytale Path towards the Christmas Command Center. This is where the magic happens. Here you will discover a team of Elves hard at work preparing gifts for children around the world.
- • The ultimate highlight is meeting Santa Claus who takes time out from his busy schedule to welcome visitors who have travelled far to meet him.
- • This special private tour ends with a present from Santa Claus for every child.
The memorable DREAM OF JOULUKKA tour promises to be a highlight of your holiday where the wonders of Santa Claus Secret Forest and a team of welcoming Elves await.
A trip to Rovaniemi is a wonderful adventure for all the family. We suggest that you plan your trip carefully, so you can make the most of your time in the Arctic Circle. Talk to our friendly team at Scandinavian Travel Group who will happily help with all the arrangements.
Our Santa excursions in Rovaniemi range from 2 hours to 4 hours. Simply choose the activities to suit your schedule. In 2 hours you can meet Santa Claus in his office at the enchanting Santa Claus Village. If you have more time to spare, it is worth booking the 4-hour program. In addition to meeting Santa in his office, you will enjoy all the fun and adventures at Santa Park. This includes meeting the elves at the elves’ school. Don’t forget about the private program, too. Exploring the Santa Claus Secret Forest on the DREAM OF JOULUKKA tour and meeting the elves is an experience like no other.
Book online or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org and our travel agent will be in touch. Or if you prefer to chat in person, call/WhatsApp/Viber +358 400 514 530.
Meeting Santa is the ultimate experience but don’t forget about the other activities and adventures. Scandinavian Travel Group has organized a range of tours in Rovaniemi to make sure you have the best time in Lapland. The tours include:
- • Various tours to see the Northern Lights
- • Reindeer safaris
- • Snowshoeing
- • Exploring on snowmobiles
- • Trips to snow hotel and the Icehotel
Read more about these activities on our website for inspiration and ideas when planning your winter holiday. Alternatively, contact us directly if you have any questions about our tours.