This legendary self-guided tour takes you through Norway’s most breathtaking UNESCO-protected fjord and mountain scenery, as well as a trip on Europe’s top scenic rail journeys.
On the trip, you get to enjoy magnificent nature from the train window on some of Europe's most beautiful train rides and you get to feel the fresh fjord air of the Nærøyfjord on the deck of an electric boat. The trip gives you the best Western Norway has to offer in terms of fjords and mountains and you travel through the landscape in an easy and sustainable way.
Since the tour is fully self-guided, all means of transportation are very smart connected, all you need to do is just follow the schedule!
- The scenic Bergen Railway
- The breathtaking Flåm Railway
- Fjord cruise on the world famous UNESCO-protected Nærøyfjord and the magnificent Aurlandsfjord
- Bus through the Nærøy valley. The Nærøy valley in connection with the Nærøyfjord is on the UNESCO World Heritage List due to its magnificent nature
- Photostop at Stalheim
08:29 You start your journey from Bergen by a train, which takes you on a spectacular ride along the world-famous Bergen Railway to Voss.
10:10 Scenic bus waits for you for a travel from Voss through breath-taking landscapes towards the Viking village of Gudvangen. During summertime the bus also goes all the way down the famous steep hairpin bends of Stalheimskleiva. 12:00 Jump on board an an electric cruise boat in Gudvangen to see two fjords that are listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Nærøyfjord is the narrowest and best known of the many arms of the Sognefjord, surrounded by towering mountains up to 1,700 meters high. Aurlandsfjord is a 17-kilometre arm of the world’s second-longest fjord, the Sognefjord. This stunning fjord is a part of the World Heritage area and is surrounded by high mountains that reach heights of over 1,400 metres.
14:00 On arrival village of Flåm you will have free time for the lunch and getting to know with this nice place. Optional activities are possible.
16:40 Be ready for your next adventure on the famous Flåm railway! It is a spectacular train journey that offers a panoramic view of some of the wildest and most magnificent nature in the Norwegian fjord landscape. On the train ride you can see rivers t
17:42 In alpine Myrdal station you change to the Bergen Railway which is the approximately 500-kilometre long railway line between Bergen and Oslo and has several times been named one of the world's best railway experiences.
22:27 By this train you arrive to Oslo.
- The scenic Bergen Railway from Bergen to Flam and from Myrdal to Oslo
- Bus trip through beautiful scenery from Voss to Gudvangen
- Fjord cruise on the magnificent Aurlandsfjord and on the narrow Nærøyfjord from Gudvangen to Flåm
- The breathtaking Flåm Railway from Flåm to Myrdal
- Luggage delivering from Bergen to Oslo
- Stegastein view point over the Aurlandsfjord visit by bus (14:15 - 15:40)
The tour is self-guided, meaning you don't have any guide following the group. Just follow the schedule to change all kind of transportation included. Since the tour is very popular, it will be easy to find ang go together with the same independent tour members.
Important! Prices might change depending on travel date (different prices during the weekdays on the Bergen line, regional trains Bergen-Oslo and vice versa).