The latest snowshoes make walking on deep snow a very enjoyable winter activity.
Snowshoes are designed to make it easier for you to navigate snowy trails and mountains. This special footwear allows for better “flotation”, which is a feature that stops you from sinking too far into the snow. Scandinavian Travel Group can introduce you to different types of snowshoeing in Rovaniemi, Lapland.
If you plan to wear snowshoes in Rovaniemi, Lapland, no experience is necessary. Unlike high-speed skiing or snowboarding, you can master snowshoeing quickly and easily because you are going at a walking pace. If you can hike, you can snowshoe. The difference is simply the shape and style of footwear. Modern snowshoes are lightweight and comfortable. However, you do need to be reasonably fit to make the most of your snowshoeing experience. If you are comfortable walking for an hour or so, you should have no problem snowshoeing.
When to go snowshoeing Rovaniemi, Lapland
Ask our tour operators about the best guided tours to make sure you get the best out of snowshoeing in Rovaniemi, Lapland. The winter months in Rovaniemi always enjoy an abundance of snow. The ground is usually covered in snow for about half the year from October through to May. This means plenty of opportunities to strap on your snowshoes in Rovaniemi, Lapland. December and January get a lot of snowfall if you want to really test the abilities of your snowshoes.
Tips for snowshoeing in Lapland
- 1. Joining a guided tour is a good idea, especially if you never tried snowshoeing. The Scandinavian Travel Group will introduce you to a local guide on a special tour. If you are not with a guide, plan your route and tell someone when you leave and where you are going.
- 2. Snow poles can help support you when snowshoeing uphill or off the beaten track.
- 3. Wear appropriate clothing. Thermal layers are recommended. Although you will warm up while snowshoeing, you will quickly cool down whenever you stop for a break or a refreshment.
- 4. Check the weather forecast before you go snowshoeing in Rovaniemi, Lapland. Ideally, you want settled weather and blue skies to make the most of your experience.
- 5. Snowshoe specs are useful when it comes to choosing the most appropriate pair of snowshoes. It takes into consideration your weight and the type of terrain you will be walking on.
- 6. If you are sticking to flat terrain, you don’t need an expensive pair of snowshoes with crampons for traction.
- 7. If you are planning to tackle mountains in snowshoes, look out for a more robust binding system that will support the more challenging slopes. Spring-loaded suspension and a heel lift can also make uphill walking easier.
Snowshoeing in Rovaniemi Lapland
To make the most of your outdoor adventure, team up with a walking group and a guide. This sociable activity is a great way to explore Rovaniemi with others who share your sense of outdoor adventure. You can have a lot of winter fun snowshoeing in Rovaniemi on a tour organized by the Scandinavian Travel Group. One of our most popular programs takes about 2½ hours and it is a great way to take in the sights of nature while getting fresh air and exercise.
Book Snowshoeing in Rovaniemi, Lapland
Book online or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org and our travel agent will be in touch. Or call/WhatsApp/Viber +358 400 514 530.
We also have snowshoeing tours in Levi, Lapland. Ask our representatives for more information and be sure to find out about our other tours, too. Our website has tour information and inspiration including trips to see the Northern Lights, visits to the Santa Claus Village and Santa Park in Rovaniemi and lots more!