Walking on freshly fallen snow in specialized footwear is a great way to explore a winter landscape. We are talking about modern snowshoes that help you to “float” on snow. Scandinavian Travel Group offers different experiences of snowshoeing in Rovaniemi, Lapland. This allows you the opportunity to select the program most suited to your fitness levels and your preferences.
No previous snowshoeing experience is necessary. You will quickly pick up the technique. The distinctive design of the modern snowshoe is inspired by traditional snowshoes that dates back thousands of years. The oversized shape of the shoe makes it much easier and far more comfortable to walk on snow with sinking or floundering in deeper powder. If you like walking or hiking, you should include snowshoeing in your Rovaniemi winter holiday plans.
6 tips for successful snowshoeing in Rovaniemi, Lapland
- 1. Make sure your snowshoes are the right size for your boots. Your weight also helps to determine what is the best size and fit.
- 2. Snowshoe bindings should not be too tight or too loose.
- 3. Use snow poles to maintain stability on more difficult terrain.
- 4. Wear layers. Snowshoeing is a good aerobic workout so you might want to shed a few items of clothing if you get too hot.
- 5. Plan your route or join a guided tour to make sure you don’t get lost on your adventure.
- 6. Keep yourself hydrated and energized. Take a bottle of water and a snack with you on longer hikes.
Snowshoeing is great fun for everyone! Set the pace and off you go. It is also one of the safer ways to explore winter terrain compared to high-speed skiing or snowboarding. Snowshoeing in Rovaniemi allows you to go at a walking stride you are most comfortable with. If you fall over, simply roll over onto your front and push yourself up into a standing position.
The latest snowshoe designs are light and comfortable with flexible frames to maximize grip on uneven ground and steep terrain. The straightforward binding system is easy to fasten around your hiking shoes. Much easier than putting on ski boots! You can also get snowshoes with spring-loaded suspension for a more comfortable walking experience.
If you go snowshoeing in Rovaniemi where the snow is deeper and lighter, go for a larger snowshoe for better flotation. If you plan to go where the snow is more compact, a smaller style snowshoe is ideal.
Do you love snow? We recommend these activities in Rovaniemi
- • Snowshoeing in Rovaniemi with a local guide.
- • Take a reindeer safari and chase the Northern Lights at night.
- • Exploring the wilderness of Rovaniemi on a husky safari.
- • Visit Santa Claus Village and Santa’s secret hideaway just outside Rovaniemi.
We also have snowshoeing for beginners. This gentle hike is a great introduction to this winter sport. Our professional guide will take you on a 5km hike that includes some scenic spots. Admire the view while you walk and take photographs along the way.
Book Snowshoeing in Rovaniemi, Lapland
Book online or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org and our travel agent will be in touch. Or call/WhatsApp/Viber +358 400 514 530.
Scandinavian Travel Group has more exciting tours to make sure you have the best time in Lapland. Click through the different activities on our website to find out what is available. Or contact us directly if you would like to find out more about our tours.