As we drive to the kennel from Rovaniemi, our guide will give a short presentation about huskies with some interesting facts. You will visit a small local husky kennel located on the bank of Ounasjoki river with mostly pure breed Siberian huskies. The family owning the kennel pride themselves on offering a truly sustainable experience for guests; it reflects their lifestyle and is much more than a business.
After a short security briefing you will hop into a musher-driven sleigh, which can take 2 adults and a child. The sled safari is a 20-30 minutes long ride to the barely untouched nature through the snow-covered forest into a river ice and back. Safari is musher-driven, so you will be enjoying the ride sitting on the sled together with your friends or family. Trail is about 5 km long.
Our kennel and trails are located in a quiet, peaceful, mystical winter forest, about 15 km from Rovaniemi center to the north. The safaris are semi-private with no more than maximum of 20 people at the farm at the same time. We are more than happy to make time to tell you about our dogs and our life in Lapland.
After the ride, you will have a chance to take some photos with the dogs, and finally go inside a warm Laplander’s hut where you can enjoy a warm drink with cookies by the open fire.
- Gingerbread cookies and traditional Finnish hot berry juice or coffee
- Warm winter clothing
- Please take off your gloves/mittens when touching the huskies and other animals! They love to play with gloves and might tear them easily.
- Do not be afraid of the dogs though, as they are genetically friendly to people.
- Please do not feed the dogs.
- Do not make any loud noises while in the sleigh and keep your arms and legs inside the sleigh.
- Always follow the instructions given by a musher.
We recommend wearing warm winter clothing. Warm clothing can be rented separately. Please provide clients’ shoe, trouser and jacket size.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 4 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event