Around Rovaniemi there are 1100 kilometres of tracks to choose from, among these are trails suitable for everyone. Your guide chooses the trails for today’s adventure and takes you off the beaten track to the woods of Arctic Circle. Regardless of if you are a beginner with snowmobiling or already have some experience, after this safari you will feel you learnt more and hopefully even got more appetite for snowmobiling! This tour is for adults only. Your guide will bring some hot beverages. Total trip distance is 30-50 km.
The riding time on snowmobiles is approximately 2,5-3 hours. The average speed during our tours is limited due to the safety and traffic regulations. Two adults ride on one snowmobile, single riding supplement is extra.
- Guided snowmobile safari
- Warm clothing, boots, helmet, gloves/mittens, socks, scarfs
- Hot drink during the safari program
- Snacks and meals
- Upgrade standard warm clothing to professional version
- Standard price is given for one person on a double snowmobile or in a sledge. Solo driving is highly recommended at a supplement.
- Insurance covers accidents with a maximum driver excess of 1000 €. You can buy a waiver for 19 € to lower the excess to 299 €. Waiver is available to buy only on the spot.
According to Finnish law, to drive a snowmobile one should be at least 15 years old and have a valid driver’s license of category B, T, A1 or A (i.e. car or motorbike). Alcohol tolerance is zero, drivers will have to pass an alcohol test before the safari.
Adult and grown-up children (age 10+) who can ride on the snowmobile as a second person behind the driver, as no sledge will be used on this tour. A second passenger can sit behind the driver on the snowmobile if the person’s minimum height is 120 cm and his/her feet can fully reach the footrests.
Maximum speed limit is 60 km/h and 80 km/h on the lakes. Driving is only allowed on marked trails.
- Please take your driving license with you on the snowmobile safari as the police may check the validity of the license during the safari.
- We recommend wearing thermo body-wear + multilayer clothing and woolen socks. You will get warm outer clothing and boots before the safari.
- For those people who consider self-rental: out there you’ll be surrounded by almost total whiteness, so it’s quite easy to lose one’s way for the first time, that’s why to guarantee the quality time, we highly recommend for the first time to go on an organized safari with an experienced local guide.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 4 days or less before the event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 90 days or less before the event